Fire up the grill, because this week includes a very special holiday for your gourmet beef lovers ... National Filet Mignon Day! That's right, Thursday, August 13th marks the annual observation of this tender treasure but we think it's a main course worthy of any day of the year.
Filet Mignon is French for "cute fillet" or "dainty fillet". As you may know this cut of beef is one of the priciest, but this national recognition only comes around once a year - so indulge! If you're having trouble snagging a seat for outdoor dining, why not treat yourself at home?
Here's a delicious filet mignon recipe from our friends at Cynch Propane Tank Delivery that can be perfectly paired with your favorite side dishes ... and if your propane is running low before you fire up that grill, Cynch will deliver a new tank right to your door! (Locations may vary. Visit their website for more information.)
Steps to Make it
● Gather all ingredients
● Preheat grill to high level
● Combine salt and black pepper and rub onto both sides of
● Oil the grill gates using a high smoke point oil like grapeseed
or avocado oil
● Place steaks on the grill
● Cook steaks 5 to 6 minutes per side or until they reach
● Remove from grill and let steaks rest for 5 minutes
● Plate with your favorite sides and enjoy!
TIP: Top the steaks with sauteed onions, mushrooms, or your favorite sauce reductions.